Two Redemptive Meditations
Two Redemptive Meditations
Many individuals and groups in the world today are regularly using two special, "redemptive" meditations. One is a meditation for workers in the new group of world servers who are interested in preparing the way for the reappearance of the Christ, and the other is a meditation of a simple nature (combining the aspects of prayer, meditation and invocation) which has for its objective the deflecting of money from material ends into the work which the Hierarchy seeks to have accomplished.
Reflective Meditation Upon Preparation for the Reappearance of the Christ
1. It is suggested that you do this meditation once every week, each Thursday, in the place of your usual meditation; endeavour to assume an attitude of aspiration, devotion, prayer and fixed intention (in this order), prior to following the outline. Esoteric students need the heart approach, as well as the mental approach, in order to make this meditation the powerful instrument which it can be.
2. Between Thursdays endeavour to carry out the results of the reflection expressed in this meditation. Lay practical plans and then review each week the planned activities when you sit down to this meditation, in the light of your expressed intention.
3. Make this meditation brief and dynamic. After doing it a few times, this should be easily possible; forget the various stages and be impelled by the sequence and the synthesis of the form.
After achieving a positive and intended personality quietness, formulate clearly to yourself in your own words, the answers to the following questions:
This is the one time in the meditation where you think of yourself, and it is here because it is a method of personality, focussed attention and aligns your personality upon the mental plane.
Having answered these three questions in the light of the soul, then say with emphasis: Forgetting the things which lie behind, I will strive towards my higher spiritual possibilities. I dedicate myself anew to the service of the coming One and will do all I can to prepare men's minds and hearts for that event. I have no other life intention.
Then sound the OM three times, dedicating the threefold personality to the work of preparation.
( From Discipleship in the New Age, Volume II, pp. 226-8)
Reflective Meditation on Attracting Money for Hierarchical Purposes
1. This meditation is so simple that many of you may regard it as innocuous and perhaps futile. Used by many simultaneously, it may shatter the impasse which at present prevents adequate funds pouring into the work which the Hierarchy seeks to accomplish.
2. Do this meditation every Sunday morning. Take what you have saved during the previous week and dedicate it to the work and present it in meditation to the Christ and His Hierarchy. Whether the sum is large or small, it can become an attractive and magnetic unit in the Master's plans.
3. Realise the occult Law that "to those who give shall be given" so that they can give again.
4. Attempt to feel true love sweeping through you, and have the fixed intention to express this love to all you contact. It is the great attractive and selfless agent in world affairs.
After achieving a positive and intended personality quietness, formulate clearly to yourself and in your own words, the answers to the following questions:
( From Discipleship in the New Age, Volume II, pp. 228-31)